i am 5 and a half months pregnant and no doctor?

i am five and a half months pregnant and i cant seem to ever get a ride down to my medicaid appointments so i have not been to the doctor yet. i have gone to the er one time and nothing was wrong is that terrible??

mommyowens

Asked by mommyowens at 6:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would be taking prenatal vitamins right now. I think you can buy them at any drug store until you see your OB. Do you think you'll be able to get a ride to the hospital when you have the baby? :O)

Anonymous

• Well, you at least should have one ultrasound to make sure all is well to prevent any potential problems. You also NEED to take vitamins and eat well... How do you know how far you are? Just a guess from your LMP? Anyways, I'd say you better find a ride, take a bus, take a taxi or something and get that baby taken care of.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i didnt go to the doctor with my first tell i was 7months along because i didnt have hooiser healwise kick in and didnt know aobut until the,but everything was fine,and then this time around i didnt go to the doctor till i was 5 months along because i didnt know i was pregnant.everything is fine with this pregnancy too.
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 6:19 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• well i am 34 weeks along and i have gone to a doctor three times. but you will know if you need to go or not. i would just not worry about it and a ultrasound is not a necessary thing, i was raised by a mother that had two unassisted home births and never went to the doctor with either of them and everything went well. we are meant to take on pregnancy's by ourselves and birthing our own baby's, i am thinking of a home birth with me and my husband, if you think about it that is the most relaxing place on earth for you and your baby and that means less stress. stress is the number one cause of C-sections. if it would help there is a book called "primal mothering in a modern world- by hygeia halfmoon" and that may be a good book for you to read, you can find it at any book store. there is also another called "unassisted childbirth- by Laura shanly"
    hotmama174

Answer by hotmama174 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Same here. I am 3 months and no doc. I take vitamins, and eat healthy and haven't had any issues so far. I have insurance; I just think going to the doctor before 20 weeks is practically pointless considering they do all the testing after that. I honestly think although it can help prevent pregnancy problems earlier on, I truly believe it's just another way for docs to nickel and dime either you or your insurance....

Anonymous

• i was about that far along with my first when i went to my first appointment. I started takeing vitamins at 4 months. just take care of your self don't do anything that could harm the baby and eat right you should be fine but you probly should get checked out just to make sure everything is ok. like AshJoe said take the bus or do whatever to get there.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I think everybody has given you pretty good advice so far.... I was 26 weeks with my daughter before I even knew I was pregnant... and this time I knew I was pregnant, but I moved and then I had trouble trying to get insurance also so by the time I got to the docs this time I was probably about 24 weeks.... You should be taking your vitamins like everybody said... you can get them anywhere... and you'll want to get to the doc pretty soon. I had three providers tell me they wouldn't see me because I was too far along and I hadn't received any prenatal care. In my county there's a program called MomCare that will help with transportation... see if something similar is available for you.
    Dara.M

Answer by Dara.M at 7:54 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have a friend who found out she was pregnant at 6 1/2 months. She only found one doctor to see her and they gave her the runaround everytime she went. It was a horrible experience for as she wanted to see the doctor and they would not see her.
    Anonymous