Would you sue there parents?

Say your 5 yr old was at school in the bathroom and was bullied by 2 other 5 yr old. Your 5 yr old did not get any bruises or cuts or any physical harm done at all. No one is saying exactly what happened. Both the little boys that were accused of the bullying got 2 swats from the school as punishment. This is a Private school so that is what they do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, this is not something that should be taken to court and sue the parents (or school) over.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 5:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, of course not. Bullying is a part of life, Children, Adults... Everyone has to learn to deal with bullies. I rather like teaching children to stand up for themselves rather than teaching them that mom & dad will just call a lawyer every time they don't like something...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Why would you sue? If you have nothing to sue over. Some people are way to sue happy.

"You looked at me the wrong way, I'm going to sue you!"
    " I don't like the way you typed this post, I'm going to sue you!"
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• that's TALKING not talin....my keys stick on this old laptop
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• sue for them for what?
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• They are 5 year olds. Other than perhaps talin to the parents about what can be done about the situation I don't really think there is anythin to sue over
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't think that a private school can even do that? Maybe I'm wrong. And no, I wouldn't sue the parents.
    Leigh519121

Answer by Leigh519121 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No, I would not sue- -the child is fine, no injuries/medical bills. I would talk to the school and let them know I am not happy about this, and the situation had better be taken care of and see what measures they will take to keep my child safe, and keep these kids away from mine. Being a private school I am surprised they are being so lenient with the kids. I would let the school know that if there are any more incidents I will pull my child and demand my $ back and enroll the child elsewhere.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You lost me somewhere. Why would you sue? Is someone getting sued? Who's suing who?

I need to rest now. I'm confuzzled.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I think often you have to prove some kind of damage when you sue. If there was emotional stress you'd probably have to get testimony of a mental health professional of some kind.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010