For people who can play the flute!

http://katjapitelina.com/en/flutes/baroque-flute-0

I have the flute of that link

Could someone explain to me what every hole is?? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• The hole by its self towards the top is where you blow over and the others are where your fingers go. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 5:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Pressing certain combinations of keys and blowing into the mouth hole produces a range of notes. I don't play flute, but I do play oboe, clarinet, bassoon and tenor sax. Get a beginner instruction book from your local music store. Something like the Rubank Elementary method (it's blue) or Standard of Excellence (it's red) or Gekeler (it's white). I'm using the Gekeler book right now in taking oboe lessons.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'll have to show this to my son. He has an ocarina and it has a lot of strange holes too and he knows how to play it well
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 11:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2010