Jon Stewart....a bigot?

Yesterday on a radio show, Rick Sanchez from CNN said:

"I think to some extent Jon Stewart and [Stephen] Colbert are the same way. I think Jon Stewart's a bigot," he said. "I think he looks at the world through, his mom, who was a school teacher, and his dad, who was a physicist or something like that. Great, I'm so happy that he grew up in a suburban middle class New Jersey home with everything you could ever imagine."

When asked who Stewart is bigoted against, Sanchez said "everybody else who's not like him."

What do you think...do you agree with Rick Sanchez, or do you think his opinion is a bit off?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 5:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL...Jon Stewart is not smug or arrogant or condescending at all. and he is not trying to shape the political landscape or any others. The only people who say that are those who don't watch his show,or aren't catching on, maybe because it takes a little intelligence and sophistication to..."catch on". Ha. He is an entertaining and intelligent man. And he deserves respect and consideration ....but that Sanchez guy obviously doesn't. I am glad he was fired.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It doesn't matter what another commentator thinks he is.. Jon Stewart is an entertainer. Nothing more... He makes money by being the way he is. It's America... He can be a total schmuck, he could be a bigot, an asshole, or all of the above~ as long as people follow him and his ratings are up~ he shall succeed in America.. It doesn't take brains, compassion, or decency to make it in the entertainment industry in America...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Breaking news is that Sanchez was just fired from CNN after his remarks on this radio show about CNN, Jewish people and Jon Stewart Sorry, couldn't help myself...laughing

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Rick who? John Stewert rocks.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Breaking news is that Sanchez was just fired from CNN after his remarks on this radio show about CNN, Jewish people and Jon Stewart (http://www.thewrap.com/television/column-post/breaking-cnn-fires-rick-sanchez-21390).

Maybe Sanchez was upset with Stewart because of all the clips Stewart has shown on the Daily Show of him looking like an idiot. But Jon Stewart a bigot? Umm...no.

I do wonder whether Jon Stewart will respond to this on The Daily Show.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 7:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I love Jon Stewart. He is a comedian, you're not supposed to take him too seriously.

Chniamli

Answer by Chniamli at 8:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Oh please. Sanchez is obviously one of those people who is not bright enough to recognize satire when he hears it. Rock on, Jon.
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 9:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i absolutely disagree.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert both rock equally! I think that guy is off his rocker. Completely unfounded comment. I'd LOVE to hear some specific instances when he believes Jon Stewart was a bigot...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Jon Stewart is so far from a bigot. He has a sense of humor that some Americans lack and can't understand. All this comment says to me is this idiot (Rick whoever) is misinformed and lacks that sense of humor you have to have in politics to succeed.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 7:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010