How much should I ask for and what should I make?

I'm starting a new job as a live in nanny. The kids eat mostly frozen foods and so does my son. But now that there will be money available and someone to cook I want to start cooking real food. The guy is OK with this. So how much should I ask for to shop and I need ideas on what to make? 2 adults, 2 toddlers and a 5 year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Are you getting room and board for you and your child? How long will you be alone with the children? Are you off weekends?
    What is he offering? The thing that I would keep in mind is a home for you and your child and not having to leave your child at daycare is worth a whole lot.
    Put together a menu plan and price it out.
    Go over it with him and see if that is agreeable.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would say an extra hundred a week plus groceries. You can always get a cookbook for ideas.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 5:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm getting $200 a week. The groceries will be separate. I'll be with the kids 6 days a week 11-12 hour days. Well the 5 year old will be in school.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sounds good but long and does he feel that he can father with only one day a week? Where is the mother? That is an awful lot of time for the parent to be away from his children. Are you shopping once a week or more often?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Kid friendly healthy meals. If the kids are use to processed frozen food, it will take a while to find out what they like. Carrots and salad and homemade chicken sticks.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Their mother lives in another state. And he doesn't like being away for some long but he doesn't really have a choice. That's why he hired me. So they will have someone stable. And I'll probably shop once a week.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010