Will my dr excuse be excusable for my son at school?

I'm just wondering if i should write a letter for keeping my son home today or if the school will except my dr excuse? I kept him home because we were in the ER till 11 and didnt get home till after midnight and he wasnt able to do his homework or take a shower or anything.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had to do that once and it was unexcused.

PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 5:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It would be unexcused
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My kids schools dont need an excuse for one day. So I would just call in sick.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It will be unexcused because you could have taken him in late.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• In my school district even "excused" absences are held against you. You are only allowed 6 absences in each semester, and they have a "no excuses" rule. If you go over 6 even with doctors notes you must go to a review board and they will decided whether or not you get to keep your credits in which ever class you went over 6....doctors note's will only be taken into consideration. Most kids have to do so many hours of after school tutoring (they aren't the tutors) and some form of school beautification. it is the biggest load of crap.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Just call him in sick because they may not accept that excuse. Children are sick for a day all the time and don't go to the doctor unless it is more serious to get a letter. They can't really question you unless he is absent a lot.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 7:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Ask the school...not us.
    Anonymous

• wow that's kind of rude "ask the school not us" duh this is where us mommas go to ask ?'s if you don't like the ? then don't be apart of it
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• How old is he? My school would be more worried about how my child was then the absence. I called my dd in sick and the principal answered and showed real concern about her welfare. Love my school!

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• actually i could not have taken him in late because i was told not to drive..thats another reason i just let him stay home...also he usually does car rider home and i wouldnt have been able to pick him up
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2010