The difference between sharing and stealing....

When you share something of yours it still belongs to you...but your letting someone else use it...(out of kindness, because you like to make someone else happy) but when your intention is to share and it is then taken by that person... they take possession of it as if it is only theirs.. put their name on it..........that then becomes stealing... wouldn't you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• yes, care to elaborate?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would agree to that in terms of tangible items. For ideas, it's much harder to determine shared vs, stolen.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, unless your intention was misinterpreted.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Did the person know it was a loan or could they have thought you were giving the item? It could have been a simple misunderstanding.
    SheWoman

Answer by SheWoman at 5:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It is something creative that is put up to share with all the mothers here on cafemom, art in a way. Then this person put their own name on it as the creator.To me my work was stolen and only meant to be shared and enjoyed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Plagiarism! Did she change the design at all? My art teacher told us that to use an idea out there, you'd need to change about a quarter of it for it not to be plagiarized. Any which way, it's still an asshole move, IMO.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It wasn't changed at all, an exact copy and then my name removed and their name put on as the creator.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, and I would kindly tell that person you were only loaning it to them, not giving it.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 7:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I hate when people do that! There are some people posting Halloween crafts in a group that I'm in. They have made it look as if they are the one who came up with the crafts and all they did was copy the photos and instructions from someone else's website or blog but they didn't say where they got it from. I contacted a couple of the blog owners to ask them if they are the same person who posted their things on here. Two of them have replied back so far and they are livid that someone is claiming their work.
    Anonymous