How can you run a buiness with employees that don't speak ur languge?

In Miami we have a big language barrior. I understand that we r a big melting pot here but i can only take so much. When I can't make a doctor appointment because they can't speak my language.

dorotheabrown37

Asked by dorotheabrown37 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• if the employees in charge of making your doctor's appointments can't speak your language, i'd say choose another doctor, or speak to the doctor him/herself.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• they have language lines that are set up for this issue. I used it all the time when I work in call centers and in a doctors office.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• They should have a sheet with the number on it and they call let the center know what language they need and they get a translator on the phone
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I say get a new doctor.
    art.diva

Answer by art.diva at 6:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I would talk to the Dr about it.. If the Dr is open to giving you someone else to contact or solving the matter to meet your needs, find another Dr.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Proper grammar usually helps if you are going to dictate another person's language! That being said, find another dr.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• How are you going to complain about people not speaking your language when you seem to have an issue with proper spelling and grammar yourself? But if it bothers you so much, get another doctor...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am not happy about TEXT language either....Example" Ur" instead of "your" ---"U" istead of "YOU" ....and all the others.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You could if your manager were bilingual.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Simple answer, you can't.

I'd be looking for another doctor unless I was a longtime patient there and liked him/her. If that were the case I'd show up in person to let them know exactly how incompetent their staff is. A person can't fix something if they don't know it is broken ... or should know that loyal clients are headed for greener pastures if they can't/won't hire people who are competent.

You're paying them to provide a service (and ostensibly to cover their overhead). If you aren't getting what you're paying for, what's the point of handing them your money?
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010