Anyone else see the irony in this?

I'm researching baby names cause we simply can't decide on ANY that we like... And on the list of names which came up was Salem...

The Meaning of the name Salem - Complete or Perfect Peace...

Really? Wow!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• LOL that's funny.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Do you mean because of Salem MA? The history of the town would cause me to see irony, but the name in and of itself does not.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, of course I meant because of the history of Salem... When most people think of the name Salem, they picture horrid events... This is NOT the meaning I would ever have thought of, that's for sure.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I wonder what the Salem witch trails would have to say about that if it was still around
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well, I'm sure when they originally named it, they didn't foresee the future atrocities... But yeah, not something I'd pick for my child now, no matter WHAT the original meaning was.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When I think of the name Salem, I think of Salem the cat from the TV show "Sabrina the Teenage Witch"....lol
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Hey, Salem is perfect.. LOL Well, to me it is.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 6:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Good meaning ... and I would as a Christian speak that over that city... so that it can return to its original meaning. It would not surprise me if the town was cursed and it needs to be restored to its original meaning :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Hehehehehe. Yeah, I see it. Betting they wish everyone would forget the trials now! lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• wow...thats rich! even more so when you think about how miserable they were BEFORE the trials started...just too funny...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010