Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had one c-section because of high blood pressure but, the next time around you and the baby were perfectly healthy what would you do?

A planned c-section or try for vbac?

Answer Question
 
smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 10 (440 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • If there was enough of a time space like 5 years I would do v-bac otherwise I wouldn't risk it.
    coala

    Answer by coala at 6:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • Be grateful and have vaginal delivery if Dr. agrees.
    tootoobusy

    Answer by tootoobusy at 6:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • If there were risk requiring something other than natural, I don't know what I would do. But if there aren't any complications just have a natural birth...
    SabrinaMBowen

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I did a VBAC, and it was fine.
    piscesmommy123

    Answer by piscesmommy123 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • It really would depend on my situation, especially proximity to the hospital, etc. Talk to your doctor about it and see how he/she feels. That could help you decide what you want to do.

    I had an emergency c-section with my first, and wanted to try for VBAC with my second. However, at the time I got pregnant with my second, we lived two hours from the hospital - three hours when the roads are bad in the winter, and of course my DD was due in December. I made the decision to go ahead with a scheduled c-section because the risks with being so far away from the hospital really freaked me out. As it turns out, I'm very glad I made that decision because an ice storm froze the area solid and my doctor got stranded out of state on the day of the scheduled surgery. If I had left things to chance, I think it would have been too stressful for me.

    That said, I wouldn't be opposed to VBAC in the future. It's up to YOU! :)
    aliceryannesmom

    Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I had a c-section with my first (not because of high bloodpressure, but definitely not planned)... I'm now pregnant with my second, and have every intention of going with a VBAC.
    Anouck

    Answer by Anouck at 6:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I had a C-section with my first child. I went into labor and fully dialted and pushed for two hours but he was not progressing down the birth canal. When I became pregant with my second child I asked my Dr. early on about delivery options and he said it would be a C-section also. Some Dr.'s are not willing to risk any liability or complications from a VBAC. I aslo delivered my third child by C-section this past February.
    tmbmommy

    Answer by tmbmommy at 6:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I would want a natural VBAC if I was in that position.
    ladyambition

    Answer by ladyambition at 7:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I had c-section with both my boys and I would not do VBAC...to many risks
    jtmommyN

    Answer by jtmommyN at 8:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • VBAC is proven safer than a repeat c-section for women who wait at least 2 years to become pregnant again.

    I had a uterine surgery so it looks like I've had a c-section. I had a natural birth 3 years after my surgery. No complications. No worries. The recovery from a vaginal birth is way faster than recovery from having your stomach cut and your uterus stitched.
    ecodani

    Answer by ecodani at 9:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN