what could it mean?

I've been married for 6 yrs, but been with my husband for about eight and a half, well that's not the problem, the problem is that for the past year in ramdom day, I keep dreaming of my ex boyfriend which obivously I haven't seen him since 2001, and it's because we attended the same high school. I don't understand why I keep dreaming with him, I mean I don't miss him, but now after those dreams I would like to see him again just for the heck of it, just to know if I still have some feeling for him. Is that ok? Does it mean that I'm cheating on my husband? I love my husband, I just don't know, everytime that I wake up and realize that I dreamt of him, I feel the need to see him, just to see how I would react and find out his feelings for me. Oh, God, I'm so confused!!!!!!!! But don't take me wrong I LOVE MY HUSBAND DEARLY. I really do!! He is the best thing that could ever happen to me. And now we have a 4 year old boy. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Something is missing in your marriage if you feel the need to "See if you still have the same feelings" for your ex boyfriend. Why would you want to find that out? If you did have the same feelings.....then what? You could be making a decision that would affect your marriage that you say you are happy in. Don't do something stupid unless your willing to accept the consequences.

Anonymous

• I don't think it's a for sure thing that something is wrong in the marriage.... it could be that you're feeling kinda old and you were with him when you were young and for a little while in your sleep you're reliving some of your carefree days before marriage and kids etc....
    I wouldn't go out of my way finding him... I recently went on myspace to see if I could find someone that I thought I'd be with my whole life.... wish I hadn't, he's changed so much since those days lol the dreams were nicer than the reality lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I wouldn't go see him, it's only inviting trouble in. Talk to your husband... maybe not about the dreams but of things you guys can do togetherto "spruce" things up.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Okay, here is the situation. Your having dreams about an old boy friend? SO what. Now you want to see him?

I try to think this way, if the situation was reversed how would I see it? How would I feel? If my husband just wanted to go see an old girlfriend to see how she was, nothing more.

I think, oh man that would make me angry, jealous, and not want to trust him. So I would never do anything that I wouldn't want done to me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Thank you guys for the 411, I now feel better, and I'm getting a better sense of what's going on. I was just so confused, and this urgue to see him was getting bigger, but all of you are right. I'll just put him back in the past as I have had him before. THANK YOU!! =0D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Nov. 2, 2008