How can i get my daughter to sleep ?

my daughter is almost 8 months old and has just found out that she can stand up in her crib on her own she is normaly a verry happy baby but now she will be so tired and will rub her eyes so much but she wont take any naps she will fall asleep in my arms or while i am feeding her but as soon as i lay her down she stands up and crys she now wakes up at 7 am and sometime i cant get her to sleep untill 10 pm im not shure what to do ?

pixie3288

Asked by pixie3288 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Daughter Did the same thing..she is 9 months...does you baby have any kind of security item..: pacifier or blanket....seemy daughter has a small beannie babie and her binky...i rock her to sleep or put her in the swing for about an hour..that way i know she is toatlly asleep..then i put her in her crib with her binkyand her little doll...she will wake up couple times but i just put her backdown and give her the things and i rub her forehead...i know its hard sometimes and you get tired..just keep trying and it will work,,,,
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 6:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Have you tried letting her cry it out? It seems so cruel, and I hated it, too. I'd only let my son cry for ten minutes, fifteen at the longest, before I'd go get him. By then he had exhausted himself. He'd fall asleep with me and I'd lay him back down, and if he got up a second time, he'd usually only cry for about 4-5 minutes and then fall asleep. Then I'd go in and tuck him under his blanket with his favorite stuffed animal. If you don't want to let her cry, try cuddling her with a certain stuffed animal or blanket while she falls asleep with you, then give her about 12-15 minutes in your arms to fall into a deep enough sleep for you to lay her down.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Hate to tell you this, but some kids just need less sleep than others. I had one that slept more than recomended, one less, and one the amount the "experts" said. It may just be that she is one of these babies.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Going through the same thing. HUGS. Teething pain, tummy troubles, milestones can all change a childs sleep patterns. Just hang in there, form a good routine and be patient. She'll fall in to a routine and then learn how to put her self to sleep. Do you have a crib music like the one with the fishes. OR a night time cd to help soothe her back to sleep. Good luck HUGs. hOpe we both can get this figured out soon and get some Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 24, 2008