Yuga information

I am interested in learning more about the yugas, I did an internet search, but couldn’t find any consistent information. Does anyone have a good resource for learning about the yugas? Thanks :)
What yuga are we in now, when will we enter a new one and which would that be?

Chniamli

Asked by Chniamli at 6:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not much help, because what little I've read about the yugas is really confusing to me. I hope someone will have some help for you, so I'm bumping your question.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• During Kali Yuga (which ended around 1899) the spiritual world was closed off to the generality of mankind. You had to be an initiate to get in touch with the divine beings who order and maintain the cosmos.

For a detailed explanation of why that was the case, read Valentin Tomberg's book "Inner Development" (Candeur Manuscripts), available from Rudolf Steiner Press ... http://www.rudolfsteinerpress.com/pages/viewbook.php?isbn_in=9780880103633

Don't know the "name" of our current "Yuga", which is to say our current era or Age. ... (grin) Been too busy studying and practicing what we need to be DOING in this current era !!

Best wishes with your researches. These are no idle ponderings. These are truths. And they affect how you raise your children, how you deal with triumphs and difficulties ... EVERYTHING !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:01 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Here you go. I was raised Hindu, PM me if you have any more questions.

http://www.dwaparayuga.com/2007/08/dwapara-yuga-arc-of-history-life.html

Orthadox Hindu's believe we are in the Kali Yuga, but many new age Hindu's believe we are in the dwapara yuga, which is the age of science & technology. I certainly believe we are in the dwapara yuga. It goes in a cycle. Starting at the Satya yuga, which is the highest & longest yuga. It is the age where people are closest to god. Think of a circle with the Satya yuga at the top, it then starts to go down to the Treta yuga, to the dwapara yuga & then the Kali Yuga...which is the worste, like the dark ages. Then, it starts going back up the cycle again, From Kali, to Dwapara, to treta to finally Satya. Explanations can go on FOREVER! Just read the link...lol

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We are currently in the dwapara yuga. Waldorf mom is right, the Kali Yuga ended around 1899. It makes sense though...since the Kali yuga ended, our technology has grown 10 fold! It's obvious that we are in the dwapara yuga & not the Kali Yuga. After dwapara comes the treta yuga, which is similar to the satya, except a step down. We are closer to divinity in the Treta Yuga, but not as much as when in the Satya Yuga.

Read the holy science by Swami Sri Yukteswar, it pretty much breaks down the Yuga's in a mathematical format & explains them very well.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:10 PM on Oct. 2, 2010