Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Who has or had Endrometriosis?

what were your signs exactly? where was you pain? how did they Doctor find out? through a pap? what procedure did u have? thnx alot.


Asked by sarasmommy777 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

Level 35 (70,598 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • And Endo never goes away by the way it is something you have for a lifetime. No matter how many surgeries you have it comes back. Surgeries only help for a short time. Even if you have a hysterectomy the growths can grow on your other internal organs and cause many problems including cancer. Even Menopause will only relieve some of the pain but even this will not make it go away for good. i have seen many specialist since diagnoses and you just need to find a doctor who specializes in this field specifically to help you thru this if you do have it.

    Answer by Congenial at 7:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I have had Endo for over 25 years. I had chronic pain, heavy bleeding during period, dizziness and pain during sex. It can't be diagnosed by a pap or during pelvic exam. I did have a cyst during a pelvic exam that had to be removed and during the removal with a Laporoscopy surgery did they find out the pain I was having was not only from the cyst but from Endo. Laporoscopy surgery is the only way to be diagnosed with Endo, unfortunately.

    Answer by Congenial at 7:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • i don't think there is a cure, but pregnancy, staying a healthy  weight, mirena and menopause manage the symptoms for most women. i have it, my sister has it and so did our mother. usually they diagnose you based on your symptoms.... a pap doesn't deal with it. they can also look laparoscopically, like pp said, but that is not needed for a diagnosis. some people have more symptoms than others, but usually the symptoms are heavy bleeding during your period with severe cramps and exaggerated pms symptoms. they say it can make it difficult to conceive, but that's not always the case. it can also make you grow hair on your face and make it hard to lose weight. i can tell you from personal experience you will have less symptoms when you're thinner than if you're heavy. the gyn said that excess weight exaggerates the symptoms. right now i have the mirena and that has helped me tremendously. gl


    Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • I have it just found out back in april after years of trying to fig out that was causing me so much pain. I take BC pill to help with the pain ( replacing hormons I am missing) .

    Answer by davecswife at 8:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010