Get this......

For all you step-families out there, here's a good one. My step daughter is 19. Has a 9 month old daughter that she won't let us be a part of her life cause she has had issues for the last 7 years over her dad remarrying. Anyhow, she calls my DH (her dad) to see if he will come see the baby but only by himself. Not with me or my kids because we are not blood and have no rights to her. Not only that but my SD said that if we all come over that she is going to stay locked in her bedroom with the baby and only let her dad in behind closed doors cause she doesn't want any of us to even look at the baby. It isn't even her house. she is living with her BF's family in their home. Does anyone else go through stuff like this? Just thought this was hilarious, the mentality of a child with a child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• She's acting like a 2yr old with a toy. It's ridiculous. I would pay her no attention and if your DH wanted to go see his grandchild, so be it. If you act like you could care less then she'll stop being such a brat.
    Anonymous

• Wow, That is hilarious!! Tell the little Brat to GROW UP!! She's using her baby to bribe her Dad to do what she wants. Don't let her get away with it. I would say either you both go see the baby or neither of you go!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• That's exactly what my DH told her. He will not allow her to use an innocent baby as a manipulative tool to get her way.
    Anonymous

• She sounds like a little bitch. I know someone like that. My aunts step daughter is JUST like that. What goes around will come around. Some day she's going to be a grandma and someone is going to pull this with her.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• She is being immature and petty, I would just ignore her.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:24 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Is your husband doing what she is asking him to do????As long as you two are standing as one on this I wouldn't be to worried about what she is saying,,,Now if your husband is doing what she wants excluding you and the other kids,,,then I would be vary pisses,,,At him..

Answer by louise2 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• What is wrong in just wanting her bio dad on one to one visit? Personality I don’t see anything wrong. It’s your problem in not dealing with it. The daughter came first before you and you should remember that. For some reason that you are not saying you rubbed her wrong and this are the consciences for it.
    Anonymous

• Oh whatever anonymous(the one above me). It's the WAY she's going about getting the one on one visits. She's being a little bitch about it. It would be different if she nicely said "I'd only like my dad to see my baby, please.". She's locking herself in her room like a lunatic!! My aunt is a wonderful person and her SD just doesn't like her because she's a spiteful brat. Did you ever think that maybe this little GIRL is just a bitch trying to find some kind of leverage on her SM?
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• We are only hearing one side of the story here. As I said the daughter has a history with her dad long before his existing wife and her children. And for whatever reason’s she is acting this way we don’t know. The parties involved know that reason.
    Anonymous

• I'm w/ you anonymous.
    Kill her with kindness. Make sure the grandpa see's his grandchild. You shouldn't force him to stance against that. That is his daughter. I'd suggest to buy the baby presents let her think they are from the grandpa. Encourage him to see his grandbaby and one day his daughter will realize that its not about the issues with you but about the love that child can have from others like a you and your children. Just remain neutral and send the gifts after all they are not for her they are for the baby. She'll need help one day and you can open your door with a smile. HUGS.
    nightowlmama4

Answer by nightowlmama4 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008