How would you rate yourself as a mother on say a scale of 1 to 10?

I know I didn't do everything right and it's a learning course esp. with the first. I'd say I'd go for an 8 and wish I had a chance as I'm older and wiser, to do a lot of things differently. I am having a little of a 2nd chance w/my Gr-Son, but it's not the same as going back with my own kids.

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am going to give myself an 8 - far from perfect, but loving and well-intentioned and I think that makes up for a lot of flaws :)
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 7:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• No one is perfect. We may like to think we are, but that isn`t realistic. I am probably an eight. I wish I were a ten....My son means everything to me, there is nothing I wouldn`t do for him, but sometimies,my patience falters.......
    gardenrosalie

Answer by gardenrosalie at 7:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i have 3 kids and 2 are 8 weeks old one is 3 yrs old, its very hectic, as of right now i rate myself a 7...im aiming for a 10 though:)
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 7:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• For Love And Attention....10

Life Skills...8 bcuz we are learning every day...me and my DS...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 7:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• 9 - I'm not perfect, there are things I'm still working on and new things to be learned always! I feel I'm a pretty good momma to my boy though!
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i rate myself a 10 for being a best parent i know how to be.
    dement

Answer by dement at 7:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I feel as though I would be a 7 or 8. I'm not perfect, lets face it none of us are, but I try, not always my best but most the time
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• 8. Not perfect and never will be. I do think i am a pretty good mom though....at least my son says I am.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Six. I told my kid tonight he was driving me up the wall. He said LIKE SPIDER MAN?
    SammyJoBo

Answer by SammyJoBo at 9:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• 10. that does not mean that I am perfect. It means that everything I do for my DD is out of love, desire to teach her to be a woman she will be proud of, & understanding that I will make mistakes but that as long as I didn't purposely do anything to harm her, I am doing a great job. I know that the decisions I make may not be popular with other parents but I know in my heart what is right for her. I love my DD more than anything in the world & that makes me the perfect mother for her- & have the ability to rate myself as a 10.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010