23 weeks pregnant

Hello. I'm 23 weeks pregnant and the last couple days I've come down with a pretty bad cold. Ever since then the baby has been less active. I didn't know if you were feeling blah because of sickness the baby would also get that? Thank you!

miranda_nichols

Asked by miranda_nichols at 7:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• they go through phases with the activity..... some days they're resting (growth spurt), and other days they're very active. it could also be that you're not eating as much because of your sickness and that has them a little lazy. it's nothing to worry about either way though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If you get a temperature of 102 or higher it can cause fetal damage. So I would take some tylenol to keep the fever down. Also I would contact your doctor to be on the safe side. I don't think the baby can get a cold while in the womb.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't think the baby gets sick when you do, but he/she may be resting because you are less active than usual. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids (water, tea, juice) and try to eat normally. I hope you feel better soon!
    ToddlerBrain82

Answer by ToddlerBrain82 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010