Question for Pro-lifers......about morning after pill!

If you went to the hospital a couple hours after you were raped and they handed you a morning after pill what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Stop conception before it starts... that's what it's said to do. So it's not an abortion b/c conception didn't start. It's like taking pre-cautionary steps.
    Now, some might have a different view. You might get some rude ones but that's what I know it to be
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm pro life, but I'd take it. I don't know the medical history about the man, what problems he might have and pass on to the baby if I did get preg. Plus it's not a form of abortion. It simply prevents conception.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 6:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• This is a really tough question. I have absolutley NO idea what I would do to be honest. I would like to say, no thanks. Because it's not the babies fault. I would more than likely, again, I would like to say, give the baby up for adoption. I don't believe in abortion. I don't believe in taking an innocent child's life to serve my own purpose. I would like to say that is what I would do. But I've never been raped and hopefully never will be.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:25 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• OH- I personally don't know if I would take the pill or not. Depends if I could be pregnant with a child from rape or not
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I'm pro choice, and I know that it's not an abortion pill (there is one of those but the morning after pill isn't it), and I would definitely take it because there is no way in hell I would carry, birth, and raise a child I was raped to get.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I am pro life but I am also all for birth control...to me the morning after pill stops the pregnancy before it happens...I would take it.
    Let the bashing begin...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I am PRO CHOICE. Every woman has a right to make her own decisions.

The Morning After Pill does one of two things:

1. preventing your ovaries from releasing an egg

2. altering the lining of the womb, so a fertilised egg can't embed itself there.

Did you notice how #2 says "Fertilised Egg", would that not be the "start" of life? At what point do you say, "It's not worthy of human life?" You don't know when conception took place and for all you know it could have happend before you took the pill.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I wouldn't take it... imo all forms of bc that involve hormones can cause you to have an abortion.
    timandisaacsmom

Answer by timandisaacsmom at 7:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• thank you for your honest answers and not getting to ugly...I'm pro life and something i've really been struggling with. So, how do you explain birth control pills? isn't it the same thing?
    Anonymous

• I was raped and i have a son from it. I would probably do it though because it can take a couple days for implantion to happen. And it is hard to do.
    Anonymous