MR KNOW IT ALL

do any of you have a child or children that are know it all that just love to correct you and would even argue there point cuz in there heads it is how they see it? or maybe sometimes you might be wrong and your child corrects you?
my mother loves my kids so much but my son drives her crazy she is the kind of person that hates with a passion when a child corrects her...i think it's funny cuz my son holds his ground and she gets frustrated and mad always ends up threatening to ground him...lol it makes good live tv...

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 7:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 12 yr old corrects everyone, me, his siblings and even teachers! The scary part is when he is right, especially with the teachers.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• o my oldest one loves to point out when i say the wrong word. even if i correct myself he'll go on and on about how i said quincy instead of alex or whatever happened. it is very annoying lol. i say thanks for not arresting me, word cop. nice of you to let me off with a lecture
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my step daughter does this, she's normally wrong. which upsets me more because her mom lets her think she's correct, when she's not.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 7:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My kids seem to always have to have the last word and they think they know it all lol and they are still so lil' I don't wanna see what the teenage years are goin to be like
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• lol, i was that child. my mom would be talking to someone in the car and i would always roll my eyes and say, "MOM! Green means GO!" or "Red, mom. Stop."
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• MY KID exactly. LOL..he corrects teachers grammar and spelling mistakes. Even their teaching in class if the teacher is wrong. He corrects me and my mom. It's insane.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Mine is eleven.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• well, he sounds very smart & curious. Maybe its just a phase? lol
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 11:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions. But my 17 yr old son loves to try to prove me wrong. I always remind him that there is more than one way to do anything. His way isn't always right, and I can honestly say that I'm not always right either. Sometimes he has a point, and sometimes I do too. The funny thing is, in the common sense department, he lacks it sometimes.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2010