i need YOUR help!

Im writing an essay for my english 101 course and I picked mothers as my topic. I was hoping you ladies could give me your thoughts on what it means to be a mother. (and no im not cheating. we are allowed to interview people.) THANKS!

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• what it means to be a mother: a mother is a role model, a friend, a support system, a father at times, a doctor, and just about everything. mother hood for me is the best and most greatest experience not only to teach my children i learn from my children. everyday i get to know my kids better and better everyday i feel more proud of my children. it's an over all great gift from god
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• for me being a mother means always having someone to love me. and someone for me to love. no matter what the day brings at work or in the "real world' i know that when i come home my son will be there to smile at me and give me a huge hug and tell me he loves me. that i know true pure joy when we both get excited over him going potty on the "big" potty and putting stickers on his potty chart. and that i actually have the influence over one person to make the world what i want it. not what's already out there. that i can raise a product, intelligent, and well rounded child because they look towards me. it makes me strive to be a better person because i know i have a little set of eyes and ears monitoring my actions. and someone who will always, i repeat, ALWAYS make me laugh.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 7:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• er. that was suppose to be productive, not product*
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 7:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i think being a mother means that you sacrifice yourself for your child. I'm exhausted, but i still get up to care for my baby. Being MOM means being there, no matter what. (no, not takin a shot a workin moms! my mommy is a workin mom, and i'm VERY proud of her! workin moms sacrifice more, imo!)
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• being a mother is realizing that you're not the most important person in the world. there is someone more important than yourself and you would give you life for that person, your child. that's what being a mother is about for me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• What is to be a mother?
    Good one, Well I would have to say pure LOVE...
    Cause 1st u sacrfice ur body/health just to become a mother, Then u open ur heart to this little person that u have helped create. Then when time get tough u do all u can for them. Then ur so thankful to God for giving u this gift to give life.... And just looking at them u wouldn't trade that for anything in this world....
    I LOVE being a mother......
    Cynt1020

Answer by Cynt1020 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Being a mother means being able to sacrifice. Give all to your child. Unselfish unconditional love.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I love being a mom and yet there are times when I wish I could resign (not that I would.) I am the mother of a child with special needs -- a nonverbal one -- so I get to mind read and play detective as well. Being a mom to me means having a house filled with emotion, clutter, and lots of love. I get to be a chef, a teacher, a cheerleader, a chauffeur, nurse, you name it, all rolled up into one. It gets overwhelming at times and although I'd love a break now and then, I wouldnt trade my life for anything. My only regret is that I couldnt have more children.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Self sacrifice- I had to give up my car hobby. I often say to myself that my time is not my own or my life is not my own because every decision I make I have to cosider it's effect on my son.
    Responsibility- Since it's not just me anymore I have to be more concerned about my safety. No more junky cars that barely go, barely stop, and have no a/c. No more passing trucks on the highway at 80 mph in a miata, LOL
    Fun- I have a great time playing with my son! I have an excuse to play with toys, dress up for halloween, go on the playground, etc.
    Love! But that's a given though, right?
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 11:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It is the best thing in the world, and the hardest. Especially if you are a single mom with no help at all. I had no outside life at all. It was hell! Would I want to do it all over again? Not really! I wish I picked a better dad for her, then maybe
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 11:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010