When I was a child I had ideas of how my life would turn out...

when you look back and then look at your current life is it anything like what you thought it would be?

bookworm23

Asked by bookworm23 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i never wanted kids and now i have 3!
    i wanted to be a vet, but i feel sick just thinking about blood, so i just got my undergrad degree and called it a day lol.
    i thought i would live in my hometown in a nice old house, but i live in a whole different state in a brand new big house.
    so i guess the only thing that's the same is i'm married and i have cats lmao. i think my life is better than i thought it would be because i'm a mom now and that's the best thing to ever happen to me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I can`t complain. Life is what you make of it. All I ever wanted was to be a mom. My life is complete. I have no regrets. i love my husband. Wish I had more money though............
    gardenrosalie

Answer by gardenrosalie at 7:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My life is better than what I thought it would be. I grew up in an extremely hostile and unstable home, at that point I would be happy if I made it through the day. Now I have a very happy family in a safe, stable home... it just gets better and better from here!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• nope!!! I thought id be more successful and married before i had children... not to mention older. i love my kids deeply but i do wish i had waited and matured a lot more before having them.
    mommy06and09

Answer by mommy06and09 at 7:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Umm... it's pretty much the complete opposite. In 8th grade we had to map out our future and I decided that I wanted to go into the Air Force and be a fighter jet pilot and then once I got out I'd want to be a nurse or a surgeon. Then I wanted to get married and have kids around the age of 28-30.

Instead, I got pregnant at 16, then again at 18, married to an Army Soldier, had another baby, and am now finally a semester and a half away from my associates degree. lol!

I still wish I could have joined the military and some-what followed my dreams, but I'm just taking a very different path. I'm able to be part of the military family and I'm hoping to get a job as a medical insurance coder when I graduate. So, it's a similar idea :). lol! Thankfully though, I am VERY happy where I'm at right now!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 9:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• no
    when i was really young i wanted to be a vetenarian and now i really have no interest in that.
    when i was a teen, i always said i would never have kids before i got married. i would be married for a few years and then have kinds, do it the right way. but that didnt happen! lol
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• not unless tomorrow my husband gets his dream of bein a rock star, we live in a huge mansion in LA, and my daughter becomes the quietest little angel you've ever known....oh, and i'm a very loved author.
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• no...i wanted to b married have 3 kids..and become a teacher...
    instead...i'm engaged...have 1 child...and not even close to being a teacher :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 8:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 8:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Actually very much so!! It took a while, but I by the time my 2nd son was born, I felt I had achieved everything on my "to do" list! (The list started over with the addition of my children--just talking about MY list) :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010