can you get rid of a pregnancy mask?

I gave birth to my daughter 5mts. ago ,durring my pregnancy i got what i think is called a pregnancy mask.i'm nurcing and dont know if that has anything to do with it but does it go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it should go away over time, but it might take longer since you're nursing. it is not permanent though
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• what is it?
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• its when hormonal changes causes a dark pigment to come out on your face sort of like the linea negra sp down your belly typically darker complected women are affected i dont get that line but my sister does shes slightly darker than me. have you tried any cover up until it fades? use sun block even when cloudy and any time you go out i know it might seem like youre getting light but going outside will make it darker or just last longer
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am very fair and pale or according to my kids see thru...lol! And I have it as well and it was and is very dark for all my pregnancies. I also breastfed for a year and it took a few months until after I was finished breastfeeding to go away. Also, stay out of the sun otherwise it just makes it get darker.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 9:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Ugh, lol, I had this! Use sunscreen everyday!! They make some OTC and Rx products as well. I say this because I had the mask a bit during my pregnancy, and then the summer after I had my son it reappeared out of nowhere along my upper lip! AHHH! Like a mustache! I started using a Rx brightening product and SPF 70 above my upper lip everyday.
    The mask was under my eyes and would show in certain light during my pregnancy; I had the linea negra (sp?) as well.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010