Blood around three month olds Anus....????

so i was changing my three month old and noticed that there was a ring of blood around his anus does anyone know what it is or why its there??? what should i do about this???? help me please???

xashxleex87

Asked by xashxleex87 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like a diaper rash. Give him some diaperless free time. And then, put some diaper rash cream on it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• were they constipated or had hard stools?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• no he was very soft like normal...... i will defiantly try the free time!
    xashxleex87

Comment by xashxleex87 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my daughter just had this. diaper rash. try to find an oatmeal soap (oatmeal milk and honey is best), use a little to clean him up, then use a very thin layer of shea butter on the area. My daughter had this 2 days ago, not a spot of redness now! DO NOT USE any PETROLEUM based product..it will irritate!
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• thanks so much
    xashxleex87

Comment by xashxleex87 (original poster) at 8:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• does he have any birth marks i have strawberry birth marks (hemangiomas) on my butt and front and as an infant one popped and filled my diaper w blood, and yes diaper rash will cause bleeding my sons skin would break very easily at the first signs of reddness i just had to keep him dry i changed him a ton and used creams
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If none of the above works and the baby is still having problems take him to the doctor to be sure there is nothing wrong internally. My daughter had that problem for awhile they did an xray to be sure there was nothing wrong with her colon. There was nothing wrong with her but, it was best to be safe. There is all kinds of things that can cause blood in that area that wouldn't be caught at birth.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• The crack of his butt is red also but thats the only part....
    xashxleex87

Comment by xashxleex87 (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Make sure there isnt blood coming from the inside. My doc told me to call if my son ever had bloody stool or rectal bleeding
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Is your baby breastfed? It could just be that you ate something that didn't agree with him. Or, when my baby was that little, the doctor had me give her Pedialyte. A few hours later, I went to change her diaper and it looked like she had hundreds of pinpricks around her anus because of the acid level of the Pedialyte. If it doean't clear up, I would consult a physician.
    KaroGreenly

Answer by KaroGreenly at 11:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010