What to do???

It seems as if I can not control my kids anymore, well not so much my daughter but my son, yes he is only 8 years old but i don't know what to do to get through to him. He lives with his dad and I only get him every other weekend but it seems as if i am having to get onto him the whole weekend rather than have fun together. We always have family outings when I have my kids but OMG my son will push u to the edge. He is soooo wild I just can not control him and I have to tell him the same thing over and over again he wears me out "mentally"

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe you should just stay home and bond with him on the weekends you have him. Being out doesn't really give you quality time together. He also doesn't deserve "fun times" if he can't listen.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:29 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If you're on working terms with his father then sit down with dad and discuss this and work out a solution. If not, sit down with your son and explain the behaviors that are acceptable and those that are not. Set up rewards and disciplines and STICK TO THEM!
    unicornnymph22

Answer by unicornnymph22 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2010