When do you start your Christmas shopping and how much do you spend overall?

gardenrosalie

Asked by gardenrosalie at 8:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• Last year we probably spent about 1500 but that's only because we got a new lap top as a gift... and that's not usual for us.

this year I will probably keep it under 500 with gifts, food, ect.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• usually in december, I'm hoping to get an early start though but have no idea what to get. Spending depends on if my df has a good job at the time, which at the present moment he has a great job. we'll probably spend between $500-$1000, it depends on how much he wants to do and who all he want to get for, kids and parents are a given but siblings and neices/nephews arent.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I start with stocking-stuffer purchases around now, and spend about 500.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:17 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i usually start in late october, and finish within a week or so. i might spend about $400.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Oh yeah, and Im starting in October
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I start Dec. 26th fo the next year. I don't know how much I spend total, I do a lot of clearance stuff through the year for my kids and then do one round of Layaway in Oct. That is about 150-200. This is for my kids, parent's in-laws and niece.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i got 3 things so far. my budget is about 500 bucks. i let each of the kids pick 1 gift to ask santa for, and then they each get 1 gift from mom and dad, and plus stuff in their stockings. usually i get my nephews one big present each and then something smaller from the kids. me and my sister usually go half for my dad. me and my husband don't really exchange much.... usually something useful lol. i only buy for 11 people, so that's around 50 bucks each (i know i won't spend that much on the baby). we spend christmas away from home with my family, so the kids get spoiled double lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010