a break in fighting...

We've been fighting real bad for so long now. He can be very mean. I've felt emotionally drained. He told me that I had to stand on my own 2 feet and he wasn't responsible for me. Last night we didn't fight but I really had to work to make that happen. But when we went to bed he put his arms around me for the first time in weeks and I felt extreme anxiety and fear. I couldn't bear it. Then this morning he asked me if I was okay and I wanted to tell him to shut up. Its like I love him but I don't want him to love me anymore?! What the hell is wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• maybe you need a break from one another to try to figure out how you truly feel. perhaps one of you could stay at a relative's place and see how things go. if you're constantly arguing then in my opinion you should leave for good. why are you arguing all the time? are the fights over the same thing? do either of you nit pick or start an argument for no reason? i hope everything works out for the best even if it means leaving.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• What's wrong with you is you have been fighting for so long and he can be very mean. You are exhausted. And when he put his arms around you, then showed compassion by asking you if you were ok, that kinda sent you into a tail spin. You have had enough. You know you love him, but you recognize his love for you is not the love you want. He doesn't treat you like you want or need. And you can't stand it.
    Maybe a break is the best thing for now. A cooling off could do you both some good. This sucks, I know. And I'm sorry.
    Sometimes couples get comfortable in a way that's not good. And they fight, they start then can't stop. Then that's all they know. Then they resent each other, and forget why they fell in love in the first place. I'd suggest a separation before you guys forget how to love each other completely.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010