Don't understand my moods?

It seems as if here lately I have been having some major mood swings, I will get into a "funk" and will be in it for a day or so consistently and no matter what I try to do I can't snap out of it! I don't think I am depressed, I am only 26 so I don't know what to think, I will be happy one second and just plum pissed off the next for absolutely no reason, and I mean NO reason, I just don't get it, and no I am not pregnant lol I am just hormonal and this is a EVERYDAY thing, and my poor poor SO has to deal with it and I feel terribly bad cause he is a god send man I don't know what to do it kind of scares me.

patsymay84

Asked by patsymay84 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• Hormones suck for sure but don't let your age fool you about depression. It can strike at any age. Regardless, believe that women have so much to deal with these days and so few people who are willing to listen. Everyone is just too busy it seems and we are left feeling the brunt of all the stress. Hang in there!
    spottedturkey

Answer by spottedturkey at 8:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well, I'm not a doctor but I can throw some things at you and see what you think. What is your day like? Do you think maybe you're stuck in a rut? Sometimes writing things down helps clarify what's bringing me down. Are you getting outside and getting fresh air and sunshine most days? You need about 15 minutes of sunlight, and that helps brighten your mood, too. When was the last time you went to see the doctor? Especially if you are overweight or have a hard time losing weight, have your doc check your thyroid function. It affects mood as well as a few other things. if none of those help, talk to your doctor. He can help rule out any underlying causes and/ or prescribe something that may help. Good luck!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 8:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Not to scare you, I'm bipolar. You might want to see a psychiatrist to rule that out. Good luck.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am the same way and have not figure it out yet. GL - my poor family.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm the same way. I'll go from blah to normal to PISSED for absolutely no reason at all, or just the littlest things. It persisted for years, from my early 20's until now (i'm 30). They tried me on every antidepressant known to man with little help, until this summer I was finally diagnosed with rapid cycling bipolar disorder. Not saying thats what it is. It could be a number of things, but you should get it checked out.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:07 PM on Oct. 1, 2010