If Jesus is God....

If Jesus is God then why/how did Jesus talk to God?

I (didnt grow up in a church) & DH (grew up going to church) alway thought Jesus was the son of God... I have just recently learned that most Christians believe in the Trinity... So i just have questions (as if i didnt have a zillion before this came about).

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Also, in Genesis, when God is creating human life (Adam) He says "Let us make man in our image." If God is just one part, who else is He referring to? And then in John 1 it explains that Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. First it says the in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was and is God, then it says that the Word is the Light, then it says that John came to bear witness of that Light. John was not the Light, but prepared the way. And then it prophesies about Jesus and how He was rejected by those He came from (Jews). (John 1:14) Clearly shows that Jesus was/is the Word and the beginning e.xplains that the Word was in the beginning and always has been Jesus IS God, Jesus and God are one, but different parts of the same God. I am a daughter, mother, and a wife. I can be all of those all at the same time and still be just me. I don't have to be only a daughter, only a mother, only a wife.

Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 12:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i believe in the holy trinity. jesus is god on earth....god is god in heaven.... the holy spirit is god in your heart. let me ask you a question. haven't you ever debated with yourself? talked to yourself? answered your own question? (ie. should i have a cookie? comeon.... you know you can't just stop at one! leave well enough alone. you've been doing so good on your diet, why blow it for one cookie? you're right.) i know i'm not the only one lol. that's the best way i can put it to you. they're different parts, but all in one at the same time. maybe if you're interested in finding out more about the holy trinity you could speak to a pastor about it. i am united methodist and we believe in the trinity very strongly, so of course i would recommend talking to a united methodist pastor lol. hope i helped at least a little bit

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Well, I personally don't believe in the Trinity, so I'm on the same page as you - I see him talking to and praying to God, and I don't believe that would have been necessary if he were God Himself.

(I also don't believe that his being son of God is any different from the rest of us all being children of God....)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• God was His Father.. He called Him Father.
    He is known as the Son of God because God is His Father. He came in a human form and a Son.

That scripture in Matthew speaks of the moment He took upon the sin of the World. God could not look upon the sin. When we sin there is a time of separation and that is what Jesus felt.. He felt what we feel when we find ourselves apart from God because of sin.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Good question, i will bump because i too want to know the answer.
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My church does not follow the trinity and as my pastor says to help people understand....think about water and its properties....it can be ice, it can be steam and it can be liquid. Three different things from the same substance. No trinity there.
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 8:31 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have always been taught that Jesus was the son of God. NOT God.
    But now that I have grown up, I truly believe that Jesus was a wise man, someone to emulate,but not the son of God. Just what I have learned by doing my own studying.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I know that Jesus did pray to God the Father during His agony in the garden.  But I can't recall any other time Jesus actually communicated w/ God the Father. 

I do recall that Jesus said He has total and absolute knowledge of the Father: "All things have been delivered to me by my Father, and no one fully knows the Son but the Father, neither does anyone fully know the Father but the Son and anyone to whom the Son is willing to reveal him" (Matt. 11 :27)

And Jesus acts in complete accord with the Father: "Therefore, in answer, Jesus went on to say to them: 'Most truly I say to you. The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing. For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner' " (John 5: 19).

Basically, Jesus didn't need to talk w/ the Father, because the Father and Him are One (Jn 10:30).

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 10:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i dont believe in the trinity either. When I was a teen i went to catholic church with my folks and believed in the trinity then the priest was talking about baptism and he read a scripture that said when Jesus was baptized a voice came from heaven saying that Jesus was His son whom he had approved that made me believe that Jesus and God were 2 separate beings. From that moment on, I couldnt believe in the trinity.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Could someone explain Matthew 27:46 to me .."
    My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010