Did or Do your parents treat your younger siblings different than they did you?

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• My parents treated mine differently and still do. I am the oldest of 5 kids. My younger siblings get away with (and got away with) a lot more than I ever did. My parents were way strict with me. However their strictness caused me to do some crazy things to get around their rules, and I ended up learning a lot of life lessons that way. My siblings (I feel) have missed out on a lot IMO. They havent been in situations where it really was up to them to take care of themselves, they've always been able to call my parents to do it for them
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• yes, my mom always believed her over me. that's ok.... i got her back when mom wasn't looking ;)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• im the youngest : )
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 8:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yup! I am the oldest and I never was able to do anything....My parents really sheltered me, no movies, no mall till I was old enough they couldnt tell me no anymore. now my sister who is 19 now lives a much more free life and has for a few years. it drives me crazy the things she gets away with.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes, very much so. Still do. My brother is basically the prince and can do no wrong, no matter what, and I can't do anything right ever.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Super different. The most notable different is that my mom thinks I'm some serious party girl and that my sibs are still virgins who have never even had a beer.

My mom refuses to believe that they have ever broken a rule ever. So I showed her the Facebook pics of my lil sis drunk as a skunk on spring break. My mom still doesn't believe it. My sister has lived with her SO for a long time. They have a one bedroom apartment.

I have a baby and im married and i have a job and i live in the suburbs in a cute little house. Im a freaking soccer mom. It doesn't even make sense.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I am number four of five kids and my younger sister and I were treated differently than the older ones. We definitely had more privileges.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yep, my younger brother will always be mommy's little baby. lol
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:37 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My mom did but not my dad. My mom favored my little brother over me and my older brother. My lil brother was very sick when he was born though, he was only 2 lbs & in the hospital for a very long time but even as he got older it didn't ever seem to matter what he did wrong he got treated differently. I mean he still got punished for things but not like we did & when he did something good it always seemed like she praised him more than us. My dad always treated us all equally but me being the only daughter I felt left out alot because they would go do guy stuff like playing football or basketball & assume just because I was a girl I didn't wanna do anything with them......finally I just followed them one day and showed them that I could play but as I got older I was not interested so my dad would ask me what I wanted to do so he included me but I never have felt that close to my mom until now, we are extremely close and (cont)
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i'm the youngest of 4. and i had it easy compared to my oldest sisters. my parents were super strict on them. i think they saw that it totally backfired and decided to take it easy on me and my brother.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010