My daughter is no where to be found!!!!

My 14 yr old freshman seems to have skipped out coming home or going to practice. Her couch for cross country called after school and stated that she was not at practice that she had told the other kids she wasnt feeling well. So I called and texted called and text ......ect her cell phone no answer goes straight to vm. I called her bf house his mom says he is not there neither is Joy. He can not drive but they both have friends that can. I am ready to kill her at the moment. She never has done anything like this. I dont know what type of grounding I am thinking no computer or phone for a month but when I ground her from those thingsshe doesnt seem to care. What do I do? Do I just sit here til she gets back, she has to come home sometime right? Do I try to find numbers and call? Post a wanted sign on her myspace? What should I do to punish her? How I wish I had an all girls school around here!!!!

sixlilmonsters

Asked by sixlilmonsters at 6:27 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Here is my take, she is missing. I assume the worst. I always do. I worry my brains out. My daughter was missing the other night. Silly me I forgot that she had to go driving with an instructor.
    Think not with an angry mind. Stay calm then ask her where she was when she shows up. Don't kill her. Just listen and keep calm. Don't worry about punishment just yet.
    Don't you ever just need to blow something off? Sometimes we need a break.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Call 911! Have the cops find her and pick her up. That'll scare her. Then ground her little punk butt!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• first find out where she is and then if she is ok, ground away! but just make sure that nothing (God forbid) has happened to her. Good luck :)
    aiden1337

Answer by aiden1337 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Yes deffinatly make sure she is fine first and then start the punishing!! I did this a few times in Jr high and high school and was grounded for months at a time!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Is it possible that she could be pregnant? Perhaps her and the boyfriend are scared? I would first find out what is up, where she has been in the most calm voice you can. She needs to understand that taking off to God only knows where scared the hell out of you and she can't be doing that yet she also needs to know that she can come to you with any problem, etc. Hope you find her soon.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• This should be BIG TIME grounding! Take more than just cell phone and computer. Take away all forms of socializing! Especially with the boyfriend!! Let her know who's boss, or she will walk all over you!! Nip it in the bud, NOW! By the way the cops won't do anything until she has been gone for 24 hours in most cases.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 6:45 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I would drive everywhere I could think of to look for her, and call ALL of her friends. -- Then, call ALL of his friends. SOMEBODY knows where they went, and if you threaten to call the cops, somone will talk. I would even show up at friend's houses and talk to their parents.
    I'm not nice about this kind of stuff! God only knows where they might be!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 7:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i hope you found your daughter, sometimes kids do the thinks with out thinking on the pain that it going to cause us, i think they enjoy our sufering and going around and look for them, for what i learn from my own experience is to don't let them sleep away from the house call the police, and tell them to talk to your child they will be glad to go.
    oasisof4

Answer by oasisof4 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have had to deal withthis a few times with my 16 yo son. I 1st call all his friends I know, then I get one of the friends or other sibling that knows other friend and we go out looking at all the known hang out areas, then if no sign I go home and post on myspace and email his friends that I couldnt reach any other way. ALWAYS talk in a calm voice when you get them back home, screaming can cause more problems TRUST ME! Please let us know if she gets home!
    smota

Answer by smota at 8:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• please let us know when she gets home!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 23, 2008