1 year old ate paper and then part of a piece of styrofoam......

Should I be worried? Will it just pass through? Thanks!

Have you had this experience in the past?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• As long as she didn't eat a huge amount she should be fine and just pass it though her stool. But if you are really worried then call her doc. But if it was just a bite or two, she should be fine.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• have i had experience with eating paper!! (i can't remember consuming styrofoam, though..) i used to eat paper all the time..any kind of paper. i'm guessing it all came out ok..i'm 41 now..no longer eating paper..but otherwise, fine.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• ..i meant, as a kid. not an adult paper-eater.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• they'll be fine. things to worry about are pointy things of course, and magnets. i call my daughter the nanny goat because she's in heaven if she finds a paper towel on the floor..... she rips off pieces and eats it like it's a snack. i have to wrestle it away from her (she's also 1yo). if i recall my middle son took a bite out of a styrofoam cup one time and i couldn't get it out in time. he was fine and the dr. said that was ok
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm such a freak, I'd call the pediatrician; I'm sure it's fine, but I'd want to be positive.

mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 9:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010