If you had to choose would you rather be blind or deaf?

jtmommyN

Asked by jtmommyN at 9:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in

• DEAF!! I'm a special education teacher, and work with a congenitally blind student. Even though he has fully functioning brain, and is a fantastic musician --classically trained pianist and drummer, it's heartbreaking to know that he will NEVER see any of this beautiful world we live in. To only know darkness is very depressing for him--especially as he continues to hear about all the cool and exciting stuff his peers are seeing and doing. Most people think you can't miss what you never had is not true when it comes to blindness.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Deaf like Beethoven I will put my speakers on the ground and feel the vibrations like Beethoven cut the legs off his piano's and felt the vibrations.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That is a hard one...how can I choose between being on a Appalachian mountain top looking at the rolling mountains into the distance with the sun setting or listening to the silence of the woods where I can hear nature sing?
    MaryWolfe

Answer by MaryWolfe at 9:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Id rather be deaf, my uncle lost his vision due to radiology, its sad for me to watch him, he cant drive anymore, he plays w/my kids but cant see them whenever he is somewhere that isnt home, someone has to help him around.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Deaf
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Deaf
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• deaf.. i would want to see my child grow up.
    armywife8879

Answer by armywife8879 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Deaf - most of what I like to do depends on good eyesight but I could survive with some peace and quiet
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:14 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Deaf
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• deaf...i couldnt imagine not seeing my daughter grow up!! and even if i cant hear her..i can see her, and that means more than anything!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010