my son got hurt and started crying...

He hailed his breath and his eyes rolled back and his body went stiff. I got him breathing again then his body went limp and he just looked at me. I have never been so scared in my life and he is fine now but it was very scaryhis doctor wants to see him and were going in. they were saying kids hold there breath sometime has this happen to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no but my aunt was telling me her son used to do the same thing. I think she got him to stop by actually giving him a good spank on the butt and that scared him so he breathed again, after that he never did it. but she said he used to do it soo much and she took him to the hospital a couple of times...
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I've seen this done. It's scary as hell.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't spank my kids to get them to breath... I was actually able to get him to breath by blowing in his face...Sorry your aunt doesn't seem like a very good parent..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my daughter held her breath 1 time and passed out....she went limp and started breathing very heavy, then woke up 30 secs later.
    What a brat! She only did it the once though thank god
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 9:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Omg that sounds so frightening. I would have probably been in tears.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• nope i hope he's ok
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My aunt used to handle breath holding with a cold wet washcloth to the face :) It's scary, but even if they "pass out" from holding their breath, their body starts breathing again within seconds without them telling it to. Good luck at the doctor!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2010