If you are over 35 and you didn't go back to school, do you still enjoy learning new things?

rachelcat

Asked by rachelcat at 9:04 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I still enjoy learning things that I am truly interested in.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Yes! I chose to marry instead of figuring out how to get to college (B average but no money). While I dont regret that decision, I havent totally ruled out going to college sometime in the future when I figure out what it is that would make me happy besides being a mom and trying to write. In the meantime, though, I dont need college to learn new things. It's one of the reasons I home school. I just love learning. I talk to others, research different things in books and on the web, etc. There is always something new to learn.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Absolutely. I'm 49, and I would never want to stop learning. I love reading, exploring history, philosophy. Do I wish I'd gone back and gotten a college degree. Yes, but that sure doesn't mean I stopped learning or wanting to learn!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm 25 and still learning new things, I'm sure at 35 it won't be much different.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm 27 and don't have the time/finances to go back to school, but I still love to learn. I always have my head in a book or am trying to gain knowledge however I can. Opencourseware classes online are AWESOME if you've never checked them out and love to learn I really recommend it. It's basically free online college classes (without the benefits of college credit, of course...)
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 10:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I enjoy learning, but the older you get the harder it is! I went through it
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 37 -- to me the answer to what is the meaning of life? is "to learn" so I gues that is an answer...
    I may not be learning in a formal classroom setting but everyday I learn something new... sometimes its something as simple as a diff. way of looking at things to a new recepie to some new way to teach
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm older than 35, and I think I still learn something new everyday, don't all of us ? Isn't the saying, "Your never too old to learn." I actually read a lot to give food to my brain so it can learn, I like to learn as much as I can, even with not going back to school since I graduated.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I probably forget stuff as quickly as I learn more, but I can't stop learning. Right now, it's the history of Christianity and the Bible (which I am reading for the first time). Previously, I did a stint in Medieval European history & society. I want to learn Latin or Greek. Oh, and we recently learned how to brew beer, and I hope to learn a lot more about gardening and growing trees in the next year or 2. I also like classic literature, though right now the only other thing I'm reading is Catch 22, which I'd read before (but is brilliant). I'd love to go back to school, but I don't need to. I've taught undergrads before. Now I teach myself and I LOVE it!

Oh, and it takes longer because my kids don't nap well, so I have to do it at nighttime or at the Y while exercising. But I can't stop!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I remember this eighty year old lady Ms.jean went to driving school with me she learn to drive a tractor trailer. One of the most aspired people i ever meet. learning never stops u learn more then u know by watching.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 5:17 PM on Oct. 2, 2010