need help ptty training my 2 yro daughter .. where do i start?

she makin so hard to get her potty trained ...my other kids were so easy ....what should i do

chulafromhtown

Asked by chulafromhtown at 9:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how i started was keeping her diaper off her in the house, and just have her potty chair sitting in the living room, when she needs to go she will see it and go, i wouldnt use a pull up or diaper or even panties yet, i would not put anything on her, more than likely she will go in her potty chair.
    mom_on_bedrest

Answer by mom_on_bedrest at 9:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• The way that worked for us is to set up a reward chart. My son is really into the show blue's clues, so I made a chart with a picture of Blue on it. Each time he goes potty he gets a clue, for each accident we take a clue off the chart. When he gets 7 clues, he gets a new dvd. (I found some Blue's Clues dvds for cheap on Amazon.) We were giving candy each time he went, but that didn't work out so well. If your child has something they're really into, it might be a good idea to try it! If she doesn't seem interested, she just may not be ready right now! The decision is yours but as soon as my son started showing real interest in his potty, we did away with diapers and switched to underwear. I'm not going to lie,it got messy, but he learned quickly that way. If you're able to stay at home with her all day for few days, it might be a good bet. We tried to put him on the potty every 1/2 hour or so.
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 10:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i started just talkin to her and puttin her on the potty every 15-30min gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son was very interested and now he's now. I just let him do it whenever. I do make him sit at certain points throughout the day (when he wakes up, before baths, etc) and when he does go I make a huge deal.
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• thanks ev1
    chulafromhtown

Comment by chulafromhtown (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• is it too soon to be potty training? i really wanted kenzie trained by the time she was 2..but she took no interest in it...she's now 28 months, and just 2 days ago she decided she wanted to pee-pee and poo-poo on the potty. we've been at it for 3 days now, and she's only had 1-2 accidents per day...and she hasn't peed at night in months....when she's ready she'll let you know. don't stress about it.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• thanks i think mabe thats best not to rush her
    chulafromhtown

Comment by chulafromhtown (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I had a great and fun tip from my hair dresser. When my daughter was showing signs of being interested in going potty, I would set my phone to a timer that would play some fun music. Every time the timer would go off, we would yell, "potty music!" and go running for the toilet. She wouldn't go every time, but it got to be fun. When she went potty, her reward was getting to put money in her piggy bank.
    CaraWarner

Answer by CaraWarner at 3:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010