Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Need help!!!!

I have a couple of close friends I've talked to about this and I'm still struggling. My kids SM constantly bashes and bitches and I'm just so tired of it. I'm having a hard time dealing with it. I've tried to see things her way I've even gotten books on step parenting to gain some perspective and it still is not doing enough to help me. No one likes the situation we are in it's hard on the exes, the kids and I'm sure her. But she did choose to come and be a part of our life not the other way around so I struggle with her bitching and bashing. I'm wondering if maybe I just need to go to counseling to deal with it cuz I just don't know how to cope with her. Not dealing with her is not an option...can anyone help me?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • If anything it seems like if she is the one who needs the counseling,gl

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • Have you suggested to her that SHE go to counseling? Have you flat out told her to knock it off? That, like you told us here, she chose to join your family, not the other way around? It sounds like you have tried it all, so IDK what else you can do. Have you discussed this with your ex? What does he say?
    I guess if all else fails, b!tch slap her.

    Answer by Raine2001 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • sounds like she needs the counseling. talk to your ex and tell him to have a chat with her. if she cant respect the fact that he has to deal with you and your kids, then he needs to get rid of her. no decent guy would put up or allow a woman to complain and cause trouble in his relationship with his kids


    Answer by 3xangel at 11:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

  • It sounds as though you have more respect for her than she does for you. You need to sit her down and tell her that you are tired of dealing with the bitching as bashing. Also, she should respect you more than she does now. Tell her if she can't get her act together that she needs to go get some counseling if she wants to remain in the relationship. If this doesn't work, you may want to call it quits.

    Answer by amessageofhope at 12:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.