anyone ever heard of kids having loose hip ?

So i took my 21month to the Dr today , the past 2weeks i had noticed that he had been losing his balance, well she makes him take his shoes off and watches him walk, she stated that he was tippy toeing on one foot& also that his right hip seemed a little loose& that his left foot was tight, she had him take x rays but i wont get results till monday, i know i should of asked questions but didnt , i was kinda shocked, my sister tells me that she has heard of it& sd its common in boys, she told me that its something w/having a leg longer than the other, my mother has also mentioned in the past that he kinda walked funny, buy my df always said he was just bow legged, im scared as hell now hoping maybe he just has a flat foot n we are buying him the wrong kind of shoe, has anyone ever experienced this w/your child, if so pls any info would help,as of now my Dr hasnt said anything other than that but idk, im scared.

gabby06

Asked by gabby06 at 9:19 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• yes my nephew had it and they said it was neurological, turns out he is autistic idk if this had anything to do with the lose hips but i dont know when they have this they send them to a neurologist sp
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• loose*
    Kre10

• sorry i didnt see you said one leg is shorter than the other if thats the prob im sure it isnt what our problem was, and that the dr would have alerted you to the loose hip and brain function.
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:36 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It sounds like you need to take him to see a pediatric orthopedist.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Could be tight heelcords on the side that he walks on his toes with. But please don't get worried about the neurological/autistic reference as stated before by Kre10, that's unfair to make you worry about all of that.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• my dd had a loose hip. She just didn't have much muscle. Lots of crawling & walking strengthened it.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2010