my 2 month cries sometimes while nursing even after ive burped her? any suggestions of why this happens?

usually at night she does it.

WendiWatson

Asked by WendiWatson at 9:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she crying during nursing or right after?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• What are you eating before nursing her? Different foods cause different problems for babies that nurse. Like when you eat spicy food, it can cause indigestion and gas for the baby. Also, when nursing, sometimes the baby may have trouble getting enough or being comfortable. Best thing to do is look up things on nursing and issues that may happen. I was lucky enough to get a book from the hospital that was a great guide.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• She might just be tired. She might be lying across you in a wonky position. She might be trying to fart. My DD used to let out the saddest little cry every time she farted when she was brand new.

Nurse in a dim or dark room to reduce distractions and stress. Make sure she is warm and comfy- a bopy pillow might help. Massage her knees into her belly before you start nursing to help her pass gas.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• thank you. it ll happen alot then it wont happen for a few days.
    WendiWatson

Comment by WendiWatson (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Is she a milky messy face? You may just have a strong let down and she is getting a lot of milk so she whines about it. She may be looking to nurse for comfort and food just keeps coming,
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i usually nurse her lying across me or on a boppy.
    WendiWatson

Comment by WendiWatson (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I agree with the PPs. She may just be gassy or uncomfortable. I liked take my son's shirt off and drape us both with a blankie while he was nursing since they always talked up that 'skin to skin' contact stuff.

As far as foods to avoid, I started to write a list that seemed to work for me but realized that everyone's different. This article was pretty good at giving a list/advice. http://www.babycenter.com/404_are-there-any-foods-i-should-avoid-while-breastfeeding_8906.bc
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 10:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• To elaborate on the PP that said she might be getting too much milk, She might not be getting milk as quickly as she wants either. Maybe she's just a piggie! =D
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 10:08 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It could be colic or gas. I hope it's just gas though, it's easier to deal with.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2010