Medication for anxiety (if u take them)

I know a similar question is being ask, but i have more questions to add!
-What is the medication called. Dose (if u dont mind)
-How severe was your anxiety before/after meds.
-Any side effects?
-Are you on it permanent/ temporary?
-How long if temporary?
-Any advice?

Thanks ladies for the answers :) They are very appreciated!

I just went to counceling for the first time this last week & she said I may be put on something for anxiety temporarily (Rx from a psychiatrist)

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• There is a possibility that you could have a combination of depression and anxiety. I have been taking alprazolam .5mg, 1/2 to 1 depending on how my level of anxiety is. I'm also on citalopram for the depression. I only take it short term (only as needed). You'd be better off taking an antidepressant. that has the combination effect.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I started off on buspar...it was to take the edge off im not sure of the mg it worked for about 3wks..then i was my gyn thinking i was having hormonal probs and she gave me wellbutron i have been on it for 3wks and it has worked wonders for me with no side effects...
    Anonymous

• Honestly, unless you really need them, take it short term!!! Took me a while to detox from depression and anxiety meds.
    Angellight626

Answer by Angellight626 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Personally I plan on taking them short term, low dose.... IF the psych even says I need them. I may visit with her & she may say "no, just therapy alone will be enough".. that would be great! But I wont rule out a LITTLE chemical help...

Pretty much ive been told i may be given a short term/low dose prescription to get over the "hump".. I just ask the questions to get all info from anyone :) and to see if most people where on long term/short term....
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes. there is a big possibility of depression & anxiety... My anxiety is the "worse" of the 2 though...so it may be just a touch of depression... But hey Im getting help now =D so im very curious where i will be 1yr from now!!
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010