So I spent $275.00 today on make up...

My hubby knows and is fine with it because it was my money. But I originally went to get some foundation and decided on new lip colors and liners.
Those sales women can really talk people into things!

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 9:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Good for you! If you can afford it then by all means spend it on yourself. Buying good makeup is so worth it. Enjoy your new makeup!
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i would just like to say... WOW!
    and no i'v never spent that much on makeup. even all together since i started wearing it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Do you think it was worth it. Do you know something you could have spent it on that would have been more worthwhile?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:56 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• One time I spent almost 6 bucks on mascara.. I still think THAT was absurd.. But 275? I can't even think how you could POSSIBLY use that much. My DH would tell me I'm an idiot if I spent 50 bucks on make up.. lol Much less how much you did. But.. Its your money after all I guess.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 10:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Wow, Oh Wow I don't think I have ever spent $50.00 at a time and that would be hairpray, shampoo, mascara, and hair dye
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• The most I have ever spent on make-up was 300...And I spent that at a fair and got 2 foundations, 2 different color blushes, 2 shimmer colors. and 300 different color eye shaddow colors, and all of the brushes. And all of this was mineral make-up. This is the same thing you see in the mall for 10 bucks for just one color of eye shaddow.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:01 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• oh man, when I was kid free I would spend so much money on crap that in retrospect, I wish I hadn't purchased. I wish I had saved more and spent less but I suppose everyone has a phase. If you have the kind of living where u can throw away that much money on make-up then it's fine!! I wouldn't be able to do that and keep up with the bills and eat lol. Live it up for me!!!
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 10:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It's not hard to do if you go to Sephora! I hope you got some nice stuff that will last you awhile.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Good for you!!...I think it's alot of money to spend on make up,but we need a pick me up once in awhile too and if make up makes you feel good then thats awesome.I'm jealous I wish I could spend that much on clothes...I need clothes so bad it would pick up my spirits but I just don't have the extra money :(....Enjoy your make up!!!
    Sunflower722

Answer by Sunflower722 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• congratulations on thinking only about yourself!! enjoy your new products and wear them proudly! have fun!!

...i spent over $400 once, on just 'skincare'..no makeup. ah, but i was kid-free and single..those were the days!!! now, when i take in a 'haul' of makeup, i will probably spend about $125..and i use dermalogica skincare, so when i need to refill those products, its easliy $200.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010