speed readers

How do you do it? And how do you not say the words in your head,and read so fast? Is their a free site I can go and learn this trick? I read it helps with comprehension. It takes me a long time to read a 500 page book I want to spead up my reading.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have no idea really. LOL My son and I both can do it. They would test the kids in his school in first and second grade. They would time their reading and see how many words a minute they could read. He was like 214 or something outrageous like that. I think we don't really read the whole words, we get close and skim for the most important words.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• There are techniques. I learned some in middle school, so no idea about websites. It's a great trick for timed tests and the like, though, so try educational sites, especially ones for standardized test/SAT prep.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You can actually take speed reading classes. I took one once in HS, but dropped out because of peer pressure... too bad, because it was interesting. You read the first line of every paragraph... that's all I recall, LOL. Good luck.
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010