TTC #3...please?

I talked to SO a few months ago about TTC #3 and he said no way! not for another 4 or so years. But I really want to start trying now!!! I want to try talking to him again tonight. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• not really sure how to help..we're in the same situation.. i wanna start trying for #3 in about a year..and s/o wants to wait.. it sucks! :(
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Have you tried asking what their reasons are for waiting? They may have a perfectly reasonable answer, or they could just be worried (not that unheard of in this economy) about having another child right now. The best thing I could suggest, try to with them about their desires and yours. Sometimes in our desire for another child we forget to talk with them instead of AT them.

I'm NOT saying this is occurring in your situation, I'm just speaking from my own experiences. I made the mistake of pressuring my spouse and it caused a lot of damage to our relationship early on. Fortunately, we were able to recover from this, but it took a lot of work and counseling.

Good luck!
    tayanna2

Answer by tayanna2 at 10:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Find out his reasons why. If its money, then consider taking on extra work to fund for baby. Make him see that you are putting forth effort.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have been talking to my dh about #3 also. He said maybe eventually but not yet. I told him over the weekend that I dont want our kids to be so far apart in age that they dont connect with each other. I have a 3 and 1.5 year old girls. I told him that we need to think about it in the next 6 months and he agreed. Lol I am not sure if I can wait that long because I got excited that he even agreed!! Good Luck! I would love to hear how it goes!
    lillysmama2008

Answer by lillysmama2008 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 4, 2010