Get this......

For all you step-families out there, here's a good one. My step daughter is 19. Has a 9 month old daughter that she won't let us be a part of her life cause she has had issues for the last 7 years over her dad remarrying. Anyhow, she calls my DH (her dad) to see if he will come see the baby but only by himself. Not with me or my kids because we are not blood and have no rights to her. Not only that but my SD said that if we all come over that she is going to stay locked in her bedroom with the baby and only let her dad in behind closed doors cause she doesn't want any of us to even look at the baby. It isn't even her house. she is living with her BF's family in their home. Does anyone else go through stuff like this? Just thought this was hilarious, the mentality of a child with a child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• hopefully she'll grow up this decade.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Maybe she's resentful of you. Were you the one that got in the way of her parent's marriage in the beginning? Then, she has every right to not like you. Otherwise, she is being kinda silly. ~~ Either way, she is a mom and has the ability to decide who can be a part of her child's life, and who cannot.
    The issue of whether it's her house or not doesn't really make any difference, except that she can't be the one to decide who comes in. That's why she's going to her room, it's the only space she has, give her a break!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Her mother cheated w/ another man while still married to her father, my now DH. She told my DH to leave, moved in the new man and couldn't even marry him until 3 years later cause he was still married to his wife! The mother screwed up my SD and tries her hardest to blame my DH for the cheating. But, facts are facts. (I love public court records). My DH and I did even know each other at the time of his divorce and we didn't marry until 3 1/2 years after his divorce. My SD just always wanted her parents to get back together and by us getting married, she knew that would never be possible. She has always resented me no matter how well I treated her. The younger SD loves me and my family. She has been actively a part of our lives from the beginning. It's a lot of drama and a lot of issues.
    Anonymous

• omg! That is hysterical! (I mean the original post, not the historical recap. The history's just sad and oh-so common).

I wonder how she keeps all those strangers on the street away from her baby! lol OMG! It's the pizza guy! He has no rights to HER BABY! lol Sorry, I see endless fun in this sort of behavior. Although it is, of course, sad that she got this screwed up by her mommy, but what's done is done. Maybe one day she'll grow up and snap out of it.

You know, when she wants something.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 8:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• And I'm sure you were the most perfect step parent :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• She is being immature and stupid. Hopefully she will grow up soon.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:56 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• It's funny to hear the 'other side of the story' with so many gals of about that age perpetually whining about their pushy mother in laws, evil step parents and horrible terrible families on the pregnancy forum.

Sounds like she's trying to force him to 'choose' her over your family. I'm sure she's got some sort of scenario in her head that she was abandoned her to her horrible step father and he would have come back and saved her if it hadn't been for you, and now you're standing in the way of him knowing his grandchild. I think I've read ten of those in the last month.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 4:48 PM on Oct. 24, 2008