Rotten Ice Cream???

Have any of you had rotten ice cream? I just opened a brand new carton of Blue Bunny Homemade Vanilla Ice cream and it smelled HORRIBLE! I sent them a message on their website, because it's after hours, so I'm hoping no one gets sick off of it. I checked the date on it, it's shelf date is 08-25-2011...

MrsLeftlane

Asked by MrsLeftlane at 10:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Never experienced that. What probably happened is someone decided they didn't want it and was too lazy to put it back in the freezer and just left it on a shelf, then an empoyee found it and put it in the freezer instead of tossing it out. But by the time someone found it, it turned bad already.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I have never experianced that before
    Sweetpea1986

Answer by Sweetpea1986 at 10:12 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Ugh nope. I agree with tyfry about what probably caused it. I see frozen/refrigerated section stuff sitting all over on shelves in the store all of the time. I really will never understand why people do that.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You know I had thought of that at the store, so I purposely grabbed one from the back of the freezer.. But of course someone could have just stuck it in the back hoping no one would grab it... Why they didn't just tell someone it was left out, and then there wouldn't be the risk of making someone sick.. TY Ladies!!
    MrsLeftlane

Comment by MrsLeftlane (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010