Is this concidered contempt?

My DH has shared parental responsibility of my SS. BM has primary residential responsibility. She never consults him on anything medical. For instance, she wanted to have his ears "trimmed down". DH did not find out until medicaid refused to pay for it (she was mad). Now she has put him on Tenex.....which DH does not feel is appropriate. She only told us because SS has to have the meds everyday. Is there anything DH can do about this?

minasmom2007

Asked by minasmom2007 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• Take her back to court. He should be consulted on everything and be informed from a doctor why their child is taking meds, etc.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• DH needs to speak up. If he has and she is not cooperating then a mediator or court will make it so that he gets his rights as the father to make medical decisions.
    Meerkatie

Answer by Meerkatie at 8:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• She wanted to have his ears trimmed??!! Why, was he tripping over them?
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 8:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• He has told her MANY MANY MANY times that she is supposed to discuss all important issues concerning their child with him. He has even printed law codes to show her that is what shared parental responsibility is....does she care...NO! She has even said "I don't care what the courts say..I am his mother!" We go back to court Nov 21st (DH is fighting her for custody because of all this). He will be telling the judge about it
    AuntieM......that made me LOL! BM said she wanted to have his ears trimmed down because they are too big! Yeah...at the time my SS was only 4! B*&$H just wanted attention....oh poor me! My son has to have surgery!!!
    minasmom2007

Answer by minasmom2007 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2008