Do you ever weed out the little junk toys (like things from bday goody bags)...

without your kids knowing? DS has baskets full! Am I wrong to go through them and try to get rid of some of that junk? (If I go through them with him he'll get rid of like...2 things)

P.S. He's 7

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• All the time! My kids are older now but I used to all the time. Especially all those stupid little toys from fast food places, or peices to other toys or games that are all missing. If they never play with it, get rid of it! I usually try to do it while they are at school or not home. They very rarely ever noticed.
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• ohh i totally do!!!! i hate all those stupid lil annoying pieces of junk toys..LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Every now and then I clean bedrooms and the playroom without the kids around to help. Those days I leave each room with full trash bags. I ditch things like broken toys they refuse to part with if asked to, toys with missing parts, kids meal toys and cheap little trinkets from goody bags and the like.

They are 8 and 6. Guess what. They never know what's missing. ;)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 10:33 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I sure do lol.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 11:03 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i go through them all of the time and throw them in a bag, because my son's school uses them for prizes at the school fair.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 12:59 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Sure do, every time I have to clean the bedrooms stuff disappears, it's been like that for years. Now, if we get more than one of the happy meal type toys the extras get put into the Halloween basket. We give these out with our candy every year.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I usually have DS help but yes it is done.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 7:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• ALWAYS!!!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 12:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We'll have to do it soon, but we haven't yet.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 3:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Constantly. I know there are certain things that they do play with. The pencils go in the community holder, the broken stuff and just junk get tossed.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:58 PM on Oct. 3, 2010