What would you do if you felt in your gut that your husband slept with another woman but he denies it? adult content

I have no proof but my gut tells me that my husband has slept with another woman last month. I have questioned him time and time again about this but he denies it! I don't know what to do or feel about this!

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Unless you're willing to break up a marriage over a gut feeling you just need to keep a close eye on him and try to catch him if there is a next time.
    Why do you think this? Did you find something or see something?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• What evidence do you have, other than your gut feeling?

If ALL i had was a feeling, I would ignore it. But if there were other subtle signs, I would follow my insticts and nag a confession out of him lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• trust your gut. don't let your guard down, don't hound him though. wait for him to slip up again. and DEMAND a std test. that's what i'd do.
    Hollea

Answer by Hollea at 10:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• he denies it each time? then quit nagging him. you've got to ask yourself what good will come of knowing he definitely did? what you need to figure out is if he did, can you forgive him, work it out, and move on with your marriage? if you really love him, and feel he really loves you, then you would be able to forgive him in time..and move on.
    would it change something if you knew for certain (he owned up to it) he did? would it give you reason to retaliate, or leave? these are questions no one can answer for you.
    has he given you reason to distrust him? or perhaps you've been lied to before, and now distrust him, too?
    everyone's deal-breaker is different.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Sometimes --not always, but sometimes, our gut feelings can be wrong. Has something happened to make you suspicious? Watch for clues. It will come out in the end. But until you have proof of wrong doing, wouldnt it be better to trust him? Has he done something before to make you not trust his word? At the same time, if you hound him about it, that may backfire and he may decide she doesnt trust me so bump it all bets are off --and find someone to sleep with.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• They say that when your husband suggests something new in the bedroom it is a sign of infidelity! What do you think about this also?
    Darla47

Comment by Darla47 (original poster) at 10:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i don't believe it applies that solidly. heck, i suggest new stuff all the time..i know i haven't cheated. i just get bored with the same maneuvers.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

Is this the only thing that makes you feel like he cheated? Maybe he saw something new to do in the bedroom on tv or in a magazine, it does not mean he cheated. My husband has suggested new moves sometimes, and I know he doesnt cheat. So I dont think that is a good reason to suspect him. You are going to push him away if you keep nagging him about it if he is not doing anything.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Gut feelings can be wrong (i had a strong gut feeling I'm preg with a girl- but it's a boy!). If you don't have anything else to go by, don't cause arguments or heartache. When he suggests something new that's not a sign of infidelity! Unless he's asking you to wear a blond wig and go by a different name, lol, then I'd be concerned...
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 10:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It could just mean he needs a change or wants to satisfy you more. I wouldn't be willing to break up my marriage over that. But if you truly feel that way just give it some time. Be cautious, but don't nag him over it anymore. If you have no other reason not to trust him then you should probably let it go. Does he have a habit of lying to you? Have you caught him in lies? If you really feel strongly you can even check his cell phone or something. But if he is a good man and you've no reason to doubt him, then be very careful. Be sure you have proof before confronting him again.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010