My dog is acting REALLY weird!

He is sitting in corners and going to really strange places in the house and just sitting there with a blank, almost sad expression on his face. I know dogs can sense when something is wrong so its got my a little nervous. He is really focused on me especially. He has been barking at seemingly nothing. Not even noises occuring. I locked all the doors and windows for that bit of security, but not sure what else to do. Anything like this happen to any of you? What was it?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 10:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pets

• my dog does that sometimes but we had mice and she now looks for them (thankfully there has been no evidence of mice in my home) but dogs can sense spirits too (CREEPY)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• When he barks at you, is he looking at a specific place on your body? What kind of strange places in the house is he going to?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Not barking at me just at the air. He is sitting in corners...like he jumped off the couch on the side of the couch where there is not much room and just sat there. Then squished between the wall, entertainment center, and my sons toy box and just starred at me. Then it took a while to get him to "come" which he typically responds quickly to.
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• When I finally got him to come he layed on the couch and rested his head on my leg
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• How old is he?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:53 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• a year and a half
    ABusyBee

Comment by ABusyBee (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• that is kind of scary :( i have had cats do this sort of thing but not my dogs. Sorry.
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• what breed is he?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 10:59 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It sounds like he's a bit depressed. does giving him extra lovins help?
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 11:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My Mom's dog does this when there is a mouse in the house.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:05 PM on Oct. 1, 2010