Vote Down

So this question stems for me getting a vote down for saying I choose Obama over Bush. So my question is, do you moms think we should be notified as to who voted us a=down and exactly why? I always get votes down and sometimes I dont even know why. What if in order to vote someone down you also had to give a reason why.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I don't really think so. I think most people vote down if someone is being bitchy or if they disagree with the answer. I don't see why anyone should have to give an explanation for voting someone down. I've accidentally voted someone down before and I felt HORRIBLE for it. I explained what happened then, but otherwise I don't give an explanation. I don't see the point in explaining a down vote when we don't have to explain a vote up.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• You know what,,that may sound like a great idea, but it would drive you CRAZY!!! Sure you probably get frustrated for like a second or two,,but then, you are able to move on to the next question. Can you imagine how nuts that would make you if you knew who voted you down and why? Do you really want to go there and get all involved in this debate that will probably end in angry words and frustration. Again, this is someone you dont know, this is the internet. Is it really worth it to be right all the time? its ok to be voted down once in awhile. People have views, they may agree with you, and sometimes they may not. Move on,,
    Anonymous

• I think it would just cause more drama knowing who vote us down. It's a very bad idea. Why do you even care who votes you down? It's just matter of opinion. It doesn't affect you in anyway unless you post anonymous. I was once voted down for saying I like country and once again when I said my favorite color is red. I mean who really cares what people think.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• how do you know if you got a Vote Down? Do you get notified?

It would be nice to know who and why but It would also cause a LOT of drama.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Nope. I don't think people should be notified of who voted them down. When the vote up/down system first started you could see who voted you down. Then it changed.

Being able to see who voted you down has far too much potential to start back biting, bickering and all other mess that has no place here and is not needed or wanted here (the answers setion) by many.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If you are looking at scores, the only reason it would affect your points is if you are answering anon. I was voted down for answering a question about why this person could not use their vote downs anymore. I merely asked if they used their 5 for their level. I don't want to know who votes me down. If you spend a lot of time in politics section, you can expect to get voted down no matter what. Just remember, two can play at the little vote down game.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• NO! That would cause SO MUCH freaken drrama it's not even funny. All you need to know is that a lot of people didn't agree with you choice.

Honestly when politics is concerned you should expect to get voted down, especially when admitting to voting for a president that so many people are extremely angry with.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That would be interesting!
    mp3mom

Answer by mp3mom at 12:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if someone agrees with you they vte you up and if they disagree they vote you down. It's not personal.....but telling who and why would make it that way and cause way more drama then I would care to be involved with. Honestly when it comes to politics, you should expect to get voted down when someone disagrees with your opinion. That is a VERY heated topic. I only vote down an answer when someone puts BS like....make hundreds of dollars every day on my website or get rich quick doing blah blah......stuff that is just self promotion or has NOTHING to do with my question. Yesterday I voted down an answer that just said "********************". Someone is just looking for credits.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No, I think it would cause more drama.

I think that people vote others down because they do not agree with them. That is part of what happens when you are on a big site like this one. If you found out who did it and they told you it was because they disagreed with you, you would want to argue with them because they disagreed (not saying you- just saying anyone in general) and then it would lead to more drama. .
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 1:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2010