Should I be worried? adult content

When I get my period, I usually have several clots. They generally vary in size. The ones I am worried about are the ones that get up to about the size of a golf ball. And i get ALOT of clots. We are talking at least 4 every time I change. Should I be worried, or is this normal?

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Health

• I would worry. I've never gotten clots. Maybe consult a doctor to see what they think. Just to be safe.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• It's called mennorhagia, meaning heavy periods, and for some women it's just a part of life. Clots form in the vagina, not the uterus, so you're not hemmorhaging or anything. Make sure you get enough iron in your diet so you don't become anemic, make sure you eat healthy, take a good vitamin (not from Walmart check out luckyvitamin.com and search for prenatal vitamins), get enough sunshine and have enough downtime (and exercise lol).

If none of that helps after several months, you can try birth control pills... but sometimes they create more problems than they solve.

Good luck, mamma, I'm the same way :(
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• If you've always gotten clots, no need to worry. If you suddenly start, then, you should worry.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Oh, and some women report that switching to pads, especially mamma cloth, helps a lot with heavy periods.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Clots can be completely normal but they are always something that you should discuss with your OBGYN. In women that have heavy periods clots can be normal.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Is this a period after you have given birth? I recall my first 6 months after baby #7, I had REALLY REALLY crazy heavy periods with lot of clots.
    It's not always normal. It could have been a miscarriage. If this continues call your care provider.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I get clots..well did. I put the mirena IUD in and have no periods now. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010